BENEFIT PARTNERS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Kids Medi Kids Care Line
Personal Health Advisor is a medical advice line that provides unlimited access to qualified nurses 24 hours a day.
Benefits to member:
Your Personal Health Advisor:
- Can provide emergency medical advice and trauma counselling.
- Will assess your symptoms and refer you to the most appropriate healthcare professional.
- Is knowledgeable on all aspects of healthcare and may suggest home care remedies with scheduled follow-up assessment calls, if required.
- Can explain medical terms, results of tests and provide information relating to any medication you may be taking.
- Provides counselling for chronic ailments and diseases, minimising the impact of these conditions on your daily life.
- Has access to one of the most widely used poison databases in South Africa.
- Provides telephonic trauma debriefing and may refer you to a trauma counsellor.
- You also have access to a pre-recorded audio library, should you require information on a topic that you would rather not discuss with a nurse directly.
- Emergency Service includes emergency medical assistance and transportation free of charge to the customer. Access to non-emergency medical transportation will be at the member’s own cost.
Benefits to member:
- 24-hour emergency advice and assistance call centre.
- Immediate dispatch of emergency medical services in order to provide life saving assistance.
- Emergency transportation by air or road ambulance.
- Following an accident the member’s children are transported to a place of safety.
- Repatriation/return of mortal remains in the event of a death as a result of a medical emergency.
- Access to non-emergency medical transportation, at member’s own cost.
Through its network of service providers, EA will facilitate the management of EMS to members; alternatively it will make use of the most appropriate service providers to perform EMS on the principles set forth below.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
- Emergency medical treatment shall mean medical treatment administered in response to an episode of illness or injury that of necessity requires immediate medical attention.
- Illness shall mean bodily illness, sickness or disease.
- Injury shall mean bodily injury caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means.
- Medical emergency shall mean any injury or illness that threatens human life and which requires immediate medical intervention to preserve life.
2. Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Emergency pre-arrival instructions: EA will provide a member (or caller on his behalf) with pre-arrival instructions regarding any emergency medical condition by telephone so that emergency assistance can immediately be provided to a person suffering illness or injury until a medical team arrives at the scene. Pre-arrival instructions will be regarded as such and not as an accurate or definite treatment of any condition any person might suffer.
- Emergency medical response to a scene of a medical emergency by road or air: Immediate response is undertaken to the scene of a medical emergency where appropriate advanced lifesaving resuscitation will be provided to a member. Where necessary, the member will be stabilised before transportation is provided to the closest appropriate medical facility.
- Transfer of the member to the most appropriate medical facility: In all life threatening medical emergencies, a member will be transported by road or air to the most appropriate and closest hospital that can effectively manage that particular condition. If the condition is not life threatening, but necessitates the use of an ambulance, the member will be transported to the most appropriate and closest hospital that can effectively manage that particular condition.
- Transfer of a member to a most appropriate medical care centre (if part of the initial medical response i.e. “same day transfer”). If a member needs specialist diagnostic or clinical procedures that cannot be performed by an admitting hospital, such individual will be transferred by road or air to the receiving facility where such procedures or specialist care can be performed i.e. “one way medical upgrade”.
3. Non-Emergency services
- Repatriation of member: Any member who is hospitalised away from his normal place of residence over a 200km radius and requires medical assistance in order to return, will be repatriated, by road or air, whichever is the most appropriate, to his home town hospital or residence within the area.
- Companionship and/or care of stranded minors: In the event that any minors are left stranded due to a medical emergency occurring whilst away from home, arrangements will be made to accompany the minors back to their residence or to another place of safety, on condition that both are in the area.
4. EA discretion in respect means of transport
- EA will have the right to make decisions and take action after having considered available medical evidence as to what it deems to be in the best interest of the person calling for assistance. Based on the aforementioned EA will determine the timing and mode of transportation or repatriation.
5. Terms and Conditions:
- The cost of any additional services outside of this scope is payable by the client or the client’s medical aid.
- Access to the service is available to validated members only.
- Emergency Service includes emergency medical assistance and transportation free of charge to the customer. Access to non-emergency medical transportation will be at the member’s own cost.
1. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the Learning Tools terms and conditions of our agreement which apply to all purchases of products by you from Learning Tools and you should read them carefully. We may vary these terms from time to time and therefore you should check them before you make a new purchase.
You can submit an order for products to Learning Tools by completing the details required on the order summary page and clicking the send order button. All prices are reflected in South African Rand and include VAT where applicable. Goods supplied are not for resale. We are under no obligation to accept your order, but would normally do so where the product is available, the order reflects current pricing and your credit card/ debit card payment is approved by your credit card/ debit card company. The display of any product on our website is in no way an offer by us to sell to you. It is your response that is the offer. Accordingly, we are not liable to sell you any product that might be quoted at a price lower than that meant by us.
3. ACCEPTANCE OF ORDER
We will notify you of our acceptance of your offer to purchase by email shortly after we receive it and at that point a binding agreement between us will be in place on hese terms and conditions*. If we do not accept your order for any reason or the price of the product has increased between the time of the order and our acceptance of it (or if a supplementary delivery charge applies), we will email you to advise you of the change. You will then need to resubmit your order. Only credit and debit cards are acceptable as payment for orders via this site. *but subject to our right to withdraw such acceptance where your offer relates to goods that have been priced below that which we intended.
We make every effort to deliver all products within the South Africa within four working days of acceptance of your order. Where this is not possible, we will notify you and, unless we state otherwise, ensure that your products are delivered within 28 days from acceptance. This may not apply in respect of deliveries outside of South Africa. All deliveries will be made to you at the address specified by you in the order. We may, at our discretion and expense, deliver parts of your order separately. All deliveries must be signed for and you will be responsible for the products as soon as they are delivered and found to be in conformity to the contract. Ownership of the products shall pass to you once we have received payment in full. If we cannot deliver the products to you at the address you have specified for any reason (other than when we are at fault), we will notify you and store the products at your risk. If you wish us to redeliver the products to you, you will need to authorise us to charge your credit card/ debit card for such re-delivery. If we do not hear from you within 28 days, we will cancel the order and refund your payment to you less any reasonable delivery charges we have incurred.
For standard delivery we will charge your account for payment at the time that the order is dispatched for delivery to you. Items which are shipped directly from the manufacturer will be charged at the time of placing the order. We take every reasonable care to ensure that your order and subsequent transactions are conducted via a secure link. As we are not responsible for the operation of the secure link we will not, unless we are negligent, be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any information you provide via such link. If products are not available for any reason after we have accepted your order, we will let you know. We will not charge you for these products and will refund any amounts already paid (if any) by way of a credit to your credit card/ debit card account.
6. CONSUMER PROTECTION (DISTANCE SELLING) REGULATIONS 2000. RIGHT TO WITHDRAW
You have the right to withdraw from this agreement, but this right ends seven days after the date we deliver the products to you. You will not have to pay for any products and any amounts you have been charged will be repaid to you by way of a credit to your account within thirty days. HOWEVER, we may have delivered (or dispatched) the products you have ordered. In this circumstance, you must return the products to us and pay the costs in doing so. To avoid this, we recommend that you advise us as soon as possible if you wish to exercise this right to withdraw. If you wish to withdraw, email our Customer Care Team using our contact form or write to Customer Care Centre, Learning Tools, 31 Abercorn Ave, Craighall Park 2196; or complete the Contact Us form which can be found under the ‘contact us’ link on all pages of our website. Any products returned must be received by us in the same condition and, to the extent possible, in the same packaging as when we delivered them to you.
7. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for using Learning Tools. We provide services to you through our web site and those services are provided to you on the basis of these terms and conditions. Please note that they may vary from time to time without notice to you. Current terms will be made available as soon as possible on the website. When you use our web site or any of our services you may be advised that special guidelines or rules apply. Unless otherwise stated, these guidelines or rules form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions apply to all users (including casual browsers) whether or not the registration process has been completed.
8. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
You are able to benefit by using our web site from a number of online services and resources which include information, online retailing, and any other services which we may add from time to time. We also may remove certain services from our web site. Certain services may have their own, additional special terms and conditions. These will be made clear to you before you use those services. We may discontinue providing certain or all of the services on all or part of the web site at our discretion and without notice to you. We will, however, endeavor to let you know of this via our site.
Certain services are only available if you complete the registration process. By completing the registration process, you are stating that you are at least eighteen years of age or a minor with parental consent or that of a guardian to use our web site. Please note: All minors are recommended to discuss these terms and conditions with their parents or guardians before completing the registration process. In return for you using our web site and benefiting from our services, you agree to: provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself where required in the registration form, and to ensure that this information is kept accurate, complete and up to date. Once you have completed the registration process, you will have specified a username (email address) and a password. You must ensure that you keep your username and password in a safe and secure place and that you do not disclose them to anyone because you will be fully responsible for all activities which occur under your username and password. It is your responsibility to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your username and password or any other breach of security as soon as you become aware of it.
10. CODE OF CONDUCT
You are responsible for anything which you transmit or receive to, from or via or post on our web site. We do not control or screen the content of what is posted to, from or via our web site by our members or third parties, and accordingly we do not guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality or that it will not be objectionable to you. You should not place any reliance on, nor will we be responsible or liable for anything which has been transmitted or received, or ought to have been transmitted or received but was not. You are not permitted to use our web site or any of our services for any reason or purpose which is unlawful, defamatory, harmful or objectionable and, in particular, you are not permitted to transmit anything which, in our opinion, harms our business or offends other users. You are not permitted to transmit to, from or via or post on our web site anything which you do not have a clear right to use. You must ensure that you do not transmit or post on our web site any material containing software viruses or files designed to damage or disrupt the good working order of any computer or telecommunications equipment. You are not permitted to do anything which may disrupt in any way the operation of our web site and services, nor are you permitted to do anything which would disrupt the use and enjoyment of our web site and our services by any other user. Other than as expressly permitted, by us in writing, you are not permitted to use our web site to engage in any commercial activity of any form. We may be entitled at our discretion to refuse or remove anything which is transmitted to, from or via or posted on our web site which, in our opinion, is objectionable or otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions. We will not be liable at all for doing this. We may record preserve and disclose anything which has been transmitted to, from or via or posted on our web site and the services, where required by law or where we are acting in good faith.
11. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND LICENSES
All text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, page layouts, design and other material that is contained on our web site or is part of our services, is protected by our and their copyrights, trade marks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. We own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights (including all copyrights, patents, trade marks and trade secrets) in connection with and in all versions of the web site and our services, the software we use to operate the web site and services and any data (including data obtained from you during the registration process) generated by users of the web site and services. You are not permitted, except where expressly authorised to do so, to change, copy, store, publish, rent, license, sell or distribute in any way any of these intellectual property rights. When you transmit or post any material to or on our web site, you grant to us non-exclusive, world wide, perpetual, royalty free license under your copyright and other intellectual property rights to use or display or distribute that material in any way without any duty at all to account to you.
12. ADVERTISEMENTS AND PROMOTIONS
We may use our web site or any of the services we provide or in any of the correspondence we send to you to run advertisements promoting products and services we offer or any of its subsidiaries, or any person or corporation duly authorised by us to advertise or promote their product or services through us.
13. EXTERNAL LINKS
We may provide or third parties may provide links or other web sites or resources. These are provided purely as a matter of convenience and we do not endorse the contents of those web sites. We are not responsible for the availability of these web sites, nor will we be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those web sites. If you decide to access linked third party web sites you do so at your own risk.
14. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You agree that: 14.1: your use of the web site and our services is at your sole risk. The web site and services are provided on an as is and as available basis. We expressly disclaim all conditions of any kind, including but not limited to conditions of title, fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality and non-infringement of proprietary or third party rights; 14.2: to the extent that it is lawfully possible to do so, we make no warranty that (a) the web site and our services and/ or any information will meet your requirements, (b) your access to and use of the services will be error-free, (c) any errors or inaccuracies will be corrected. Further, if your use of the web site results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, this will not be at our risk and expense; 14.3: no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you through or from the web site or from our services will create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms and conditions. If you have any questions about the above, please contact us on 011 886 0715 or by writing to us at Customer Care, Learning Tools, 31 Abercorn Ave, Craighall Park 2196
You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands (including any legal fees incurred in connection therewith) resulting from your misuse of our web site or your breach of these terms and conditions. We will notify you promptly of any such claim, action or demand and will assist you as may be reasonably necessary providing you meet our costs and expenses (including our legal fees).
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the extent that we are lawfully able to do so, we will not be liable for any claims, losses and/ or damages of any nature resulting from: (a) your use or inability to use the web site; (b) the services we provide (except where we expressly state that we have responsibilities or liabilities in these terms and conditions) or other terms and conditions that relate to our other goods and/ or services we provide; (c) unauthorised access to or alterations of your transmissions or data; (d) statements or conduct of any third parties. You agree that in no event will our liability arising out of or in respect of these terms and conditions exceed ZAR 10 000.00 and that in no event will we be liable for any loss of profits, goodwill, loss of business, loss of data or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, whether or not arising from any negligence on our part.
17. USE AND STORAGE
We may establish general practices and limits concerning the use of the web site and the services we provide, including limits to the size or number of e-mail messages you send or the time that messages may be stored or posted on our web site. We are entitled to delete any material at any time and we will not be liable in any way for deleting or failing to store or post any material which you may transmit to us.
18. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We may in our sole discretion suspend and/ or terminate registration or use of our web site or our services at any time and we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damages suffered on account of such suspension and or termination. Typically, we would only do this where you have not used our services for some time or if we believe that you have acted inconsistently with those terms and conditions. However, there may be other reasons why we would suspend and/ or terminate.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between us in respect of the use of our services and of our web site and supersede any and all prior agreements, arrangements and representations (save in respect of those made fraudulently). Data and certain other information you provide is subject to the term of our Privacy Statement, which can be accessed by clicking on the privacy statement section of our site under Help. If any of these terms and conditions are found to be invalid then that provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions that shall remain fully enforceable. No waiver by us of any term shall be deemed to be continuing or shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other term. You are not permitted to reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purpose any part of the web site or our services. These terms and conditions will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa and will be subject to the non- exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts.
20. COMPANY REGISTRATION DETAILS
The Toy Cupboard (CC) Registered in South Africa number 2015/170823/07 Registered Office: 31 Abercorn Ave Craighall Park